My brother-in-law Keith has his 40-somethingth berfday in February. I won't say exactly how old he is because he is still trying to get cute young things to ride on his Harley (and yes, I do mean a real motorcycle...). So anyway, last Saturday, Mark and I had a pizza party for him, with Chet and Anita.
A really cute picture has been floating around in email lately of a stripper show made from Peep bunnies and chicks. Keith LOVES Peeps - especially when they are left out to get all hard and crunchy. Ew. But what better subject for his berfday cake, huh?
Mark was very creative. I spent most of the day making pizza dough from scratch and prepping all the toppings. We had:
- Polish Pizza (the pizza of their people): mashed potatoes, sauteed cabbage, and kielbasa, with cheddar cheese
- Baked Stuffed Tater Pizza: mashed potatoes, cheddar, crumbled bacon, and scallions
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: grilled chicken, carmelized onions, BBQ sauce, and cheddar
- Pizza Marguerita: sauce, fresh soft mozzarella, and basil leaves
- Veggie: peppers, onions, mushrooms
As you can tell from the pictures, a great time and a full belly was had by all!