Saturday, March 15, 2008

Keith's Berfday - a Peep Show




























My brother-in-law Keith has his 40-somethingth berfday in February. I won't say exactly how old he is because he is still trying to get cute young things to ride on his Harley (and yes, I do mean a real motorcycle...). So anyway, last Saturday, Mark and I had a pizza party for him, with Chet and Anita.
A really cute picture has been floating around in email lately of a stripper show made from Peep bunnies and chicks. Keith LOVES Peeps - especially when they are left out to get all hard and crunchy. Ew. But what better subject for his berfday cake, huh?



Mark was very creative. I spent most of the day making pizza dough from scratch and prepping all the toppings. We had:

  • Polish Pizza (the pizza of their people): mashed potatoes, sauteed cabbage, and kielbasa, with cheddar cheese

  • Baked Stuffed Tater Pizza: mashed potatoes, cheddar, crumbled bacon, and scallions


  • BBQ Chicken Pizza: grilled chicken, carmelized onions, BBQ sauce, and cheddar

  • Pizza Marguerita: sauce, fresh soft mozzarella, and basil leaves

  • Veggie: peppers, onions, mushrooms

As you can tell from the pictures, a great time and a full belly was had by all!


1 comment:

Gina House said...

HOLY CRAP! This post made me drool ; p

I bet that cake was sooooo good!

Happy Belated birthday to Keith!