Saturday, January 21, 2006

Just catching up...

Catching up on some knitting news...


  • Have been disgustingly sick with a cold lately - enough to miss my Wednesday night meeting at the Barnes and Noble in Manchester with my knitting buds. Trust me - I have to be near dying to miss that. But was able to go last week, where we firmed up plans to go on a knitting retreat next month, at the Grand View Lodge in Randolph, NH. We are leaving Friday after work on Feb. 24, and not coming back to the real world until Sunday. Can't wait - no men, no housework, no nothing to do but spend time with good friends and knit. The Lodge has a great store for knitters. Looking forward to ferreting out the deals and unique fibers / tools.
  • Finished one Booga Bag for my sister in law for Christmas. Just have to felt it. Yeah, I know it's late, but in my family, Christmas get-togethers and present swapping can dribble into the summer. We aren't big on planning until the last minute! Anyway, I have felted the bag and i-cord once, and it needs another go-round. My friends Gina and Donna have figured out the perfect formula for felting in Gina's washing machine, so we will be having a felting party soon to get everyone's projects done at once. These bags are incredibly easy to make - I can do the knitting in the round while stuck in traffic. Noro Kureyon behaves very well in the dark!
  • On the needles - I am working on the Mary Jane sachet / sweater from Knit Picks, as well as their Leaf-Edged Shrug for my almost-daughter Jesse. I call the shrug the Cheeto-sweater. She chose the Knit Picks Shine in Apricot, of all colors, and it looks like Velveeta or Cheetos - even raises the temperature of the air around it, I swear!! But it's what she wants...
  • Finally finished my potholder afhgan (crocheted - don't gasp) and gave it to my best friend Lisa (Jess's mom) for Christmas. They enjoy snuggling up in it - that reminds me - I have to get a pic of the whole family under it and post it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and how is my elegant cheeto sweater coming along? here in brazil, the shrug is a popular style. occasionally the girls neglect to wear a shirt underneath!! that´s when i shrug and appreciate the differences in our cultures. i like your blog! tchau! -jess