Saturday, March 04, 2006

Knitting Retreat at the Grand View Lodge - Part Two



After knitting into the night, we all settled in to very cozy rooms - I had my own so that I would actually be alive in the morning. I snore so loud that you have to be deaf to share a room with me.

We had some trouble with water pressure in the morning, but eventually, we were all downstairs and STARVING. Joanne brought fresh eggs from her own chickens. YUM. But I was all about the coffee!

We settled in to knit and shop, shop and knit, stretch, shop and knit - you get the idea. It was crazy - you can wander the entire place, and think you saw everything, and then see something entirely new and different the next time you get up to pee or whatever. The chairs could have been a bit softer, but I stayed in my jammies and big pink monster slippers - it's hard to complain about anything when you can jammy it up all day! Sure, there were a few shoppers that day, and we didn't know them, but when you get to be my age, appearances just don;t matter so much!

I whipped up a very simple hat using some chunky yarn, and worked on a cowl made from Karabella Boise. If you have never touched Boise, get in your car, and get to a yarn store that carries it. Touch it. Stroke it. You'll leave with it! I had to keep taking breaks from knitting the cowl just to touch it! The cowl pattern I am using, by the way, is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (p.95). I am kicking it up a notch, with a 2x2 ribbing for the last few inches. Can't wait to wear it!!

Oh yeah - I also finished a Booga Bowl. What's that, you say? Well, it's a Booga Bag you don't feel like finishing. The yarn was getting hard to work with, and I wanted to work on the cowl. So I bound off after about 8 inches, and will felt it up to serve as a bowl from some balls on yummy yarn in my workroom.

1 comment:

Gina House said...

It's about d*mn time you added a new entry! LOVE the pics (I wonder who took them???) and loved your blog. Keep it up...I want something to read next time I visit! Ha ha : )