Saturday, June 17, 2006

Wow - so much for promises.

I look back to the date of my last blog and feel very dejected. It's been a few months, and I just haven't had anything interesting to add to this blog. How sad is that? I have all sorts of projects OTN, including my first sock, but work is just wearing me down. I bought a PowerBall ticket today, if for nothing else then a few hours of daydreaming about what it would be like to scrap (pardon the pun) this career crap and spend the rest of my life doing what I want to do. Which is, as you know if you have already read previous posts here, to run a bed and breakfast for women who want to get away to knit, scrapbook, weave, paint - whatever their muse tells them to do. No men, except those hired to keep us comfortable and entertained. Well, my husband would be around, but no doubt with PowerBall winnings in his wallet he would buy a boat and spend a lot of time on it.

But reality will settle in after the drawing tonight, when it confirms merely that I have to do the freakin hour plus commute AGAIN on Monday, and on and on and on. Driving in Nashua during rush hour has raised my blood pressure 20% over the past few years. I understand road rage more and more.... and sometimes want to join the club.

Anyway, took some pics of recent knitting gatherings, so enough whining. Next few posts will be HAPPYblogs. No, really.

1 comment:

Gina House said...

FINALLY!!! I'm shocked and stunned that you've updated your blog! Woohoo! Sorry, don't mean to be obnoxious! (okay, maybe a little) Wish I could help with your LONG commute...win Powerball SOON!!!! G : )