Friday, November 24, 2006

One Thing I Am Thankful For



I don't usually get sappy - just not that type of person. But during these holidays I especially miss one person who always adds life and energy to every day, and to watch her during the holidays is a blessing I have enjoyed for more than 15 years now. I have watched her grow up from a little girl who cried because she thought she wasn't pretty to become a gorgeous, talented, self-assured young woman who lights up the room just by walking into it.

And she is in Brazil, with her extended family, and missing Thanksgiving at home. So I just wanted to let her know that even though she isn't here with us this week, she is in my heart and can't wait for her to come home.

1 comment:

daSilvabullet said...

wow! sappy to the max, laurin, i got my aunt's keyboard a little soggy here!
i cant wait to get back, there's approximately 88 days until that happens. that's not so much! and my mom spoke of a week long marathon of all the holidays i missed, so i'm sure you'll be there to re-enjoy them too! ughghghg stuuuufffinggg!
i miss you!
love
jess