Sunday, August 13, 2006

OFF the Needles - for a change...


I am celebrating. Last night, after busting my fat ass on stuff for work all day, I decided I deserved to FINISH something. Anything. So, I finished Mark's scarf. He picked the two colors, a cranberry and a forest green, from a wonderful vendor at the NH Sheep and Wool Flood - er, I mean, Festival back in May. Of course, I can't find the vendor's labels, so I can't give much deserved credit where it is due - yet. I will definitely update this blog once I have the info!

Anyway, this is just a plain garter stitch scarf, but as you can see I knitted it the long way, so the stripes are vertical rather than horizontal.

My model is a bit on the skinny side, but the colors suit him, no?

Don't be fooled - this is only the tippiest tip of the unfinished project iceberg. From the half done Knitted Babe to the never even started Knit Pick lace cardigan I was supposed to start back in January, there are too many things to work on and not enough time to do them. Don't even mention the Cheetos sweater from hell - I'll start growling.

3 comments:

Gina House said...

Wow!!! That scarf came out fantastic! Looks good on the statue, too. Missed you on Saturday. Hope to see you on Wed!

Gigi said...

What a handsome model! (Tee Hee) The scarf colors are great together. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Great scarf! Very masculine. I love finishing something that the person it is intended for had some say in.

...Laurin, when are you coming back to play with us?