Sunday, August 20, 2006

Scrappin' at Mel's


It has been a LONG time since I sat my butt down to do some scrapbooking. It's not like I don't want to - it's just that there never seems to be enough time to set up alllll my tools and then pick the project to do, and then do it, before something else interferes.

But yesterday, my friend Melissa had an all day crop at her house. Mel is a Creative Memories Unit Leader, and has a great workshop downstairs in her house. The crop ran from 9:00 to 9:00 - wow - can't use the "no time" excuse!!

I arrived around 9:30, and was still the first one there, besides her beautiful mom who lives right behind Mel in an addition to the house. Got right to work, because I had the project - the album I promised my Aunt Joyce. All the pics from the party will fit quite nicely in the yellow Kaleidoscope album I picked for her. All the pages, for the most part, will be in yellow, Joyce's favorite color.

I had everyone who came to the party write birthday wishes to her on scrapbooking journal boxes, and will combine their messages with pics of the at the party. Some were serious, some, not so much!

I really like the kids' notes - they took this assignment very seriously and showed off some mad art skills.

The pictures were taken with my digital camera and with some Kodak disposables. My cousin Sue also forwarded the ones she took. So yes, I actually end up in some of them - blech. Isn't it funny how scrapbookers never actually like to be in the picture?

So back to the workshop - about 10 more people came over the course of the day - some stayed just an hour or two, others were in it for the long haul. And guess what? Miss Lisa was able to tear herself away from the family long enough to come up and play with me!!


Deb B. was a great surprise - hadn't seen her for at least a year, probably two.


(Mel is checking out Deb's album page, here.)

Deb brought her friend Beverly, who immediately made great friends with Nora, Melissa's youngest. She was absolutely adorable in her Cinderella nightie (Nora - not Bev!!!). And wouldn't you kill to have that hair?

Melissa has a gorgeous pool, and it was so humid today that I wish I brought my suit. But, we did sit out by the pool for a bit and watch the guppy - I mean Claire, swim like she has scales and fins. Can she be any cuter?













I actually got quite a bit of work done, but Lisa and I left a bit early - it was just too warm. Figures - every other day in the past week has been cool and crisp - perfect. But anyway, a nice air conditioned dinner at Pizzeria Uno was a great end to a great day. Sangria - yummmmm.

1 comment:

Gina House said...

Sounds like you had a terrific time! Wish I'd been there...my Saturday sucked. Would love to see the work you did on your scrapbook! That pic of Lisa is great! Looking forward to seeing you on Wed! Haven't had a Sangria? Good?