Miss Gina started a new job at Yarn and Fiber, and a bunch of us (Donna, Heather, Jackie, and Sarah) joined her Friday night to keep her company.
Guess who was her VERY first customer!
Doesn't she look proud?
Here's some of what I picked out...the yarn and pattern are for a Christmas present for my favorite izzer...
- a pattern from Cherry Tree Hill - the Making Tracks shawl. Looks easy, maybe I can't screw it up. But then again, I frogged it completely three times before I understood the freaking directions. Sigh.
- a bar of Mow the Lawn!! soap from Down to Hearth Soaps - it smells so good - cleavage worthy!!!
- an Addi Turbo circular 10 / 32" needle for the shawl
- two skeins of Mountain Colors Mountain Goat Alpine, 55% Mohair and 45% Wool. Really nice to work with.
- a bag of pink needle protectors
Gina's worried (and rightfully so) about how much of her paycheck she will actually bring home. After last night, I am more worried about mine! Being able to wander the store every Friday night is going to test my willpower. Damn!
It was such a nice evening. Sometimes knitting at Barnes can be tough - the group grows to as many as 20 people, you can barely hear yourself think. But Y&F is comfy, quiet, the walls are soundproofed with yarn. What more could you want?