The trip started out so well. Lisa and Jess arrived at my office right on time, we picked up Ericka in Manchester without getting lost even once, and set out on a beautifully sunny Friday afternoon, before rush hour. We arrived at the Grandview first, and saw right away that the weekend would not be drama free.
Thanks to Bob.
Who is Bob, you say? I dunno. But he made his presence known, even though we never saw his face. His name was on one of the rooms we expected to populate with ManchVegasKnitters this weekend. And as a result, two other rooms, which are small even for two people, had three names on them instead of two. Uh-oh.
Lisa, Ericka, Jess and I popped out to get drinkies and munchies and dinner, and came back, only a few more had arrived, but soon after we settled in, the rest of the gang showed up. They were not happy to see the unexpected triple occupancy. Who would be - they paid for a bed, and two people would have to use a cot instead. But, despite this problem and the basic inattention to amenities** that just became too much this time, we did indeed manage to have a lot of laughs and get a lot of knitting done. Much trash was talked, much jello was shot, much likker was drunk, and we all survived.
But we are looking for a new place for next time.
**What amenities? Let's see:
- Little to no hot water or even water pressure for showers
- Beds that creaked, and beds that collapsed, and beds that were cots
- Breakfast that really wasn't filling, or took any effort. Would you pay for two slices of wheat toast done up as french toast and call that breakfast?
- Toilets that broke, or took forever to refill, or to flush. yeah, that was fun.
- DUST everywhere. Everyone was honking into Kleenex, sneezing and wheezing all weekend. And the snoring - wow.